Part I - Preliminary
(1) These Practice Directions may, with effect from 1 January 2015, be cited as the Family Justice Courts Practice Directions.
(2) These Practice Directions shall apply to all proceedings in the Family Courts and the Family Division of the High Court unless otherwise stated.
(3) For the avoidance of doubt, these Practice Directions shall, unless otherwise stated, apply to all proceedings in the Family Courts and the Family Division of the High Court with effect from 1 January 2015 regardless of the commencement date of the proceedings.
Citation of Legislation in Proceedings
(4) Where legislation is cited in these Practice Directions, the citation shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be read to refer to the edition of that legislation currently in force.
(5) Any addition or amendment to these Practice Directions will be notified on the Family Justice Courts’ website at http://www.familyjusticecourts.gov.sg. The Practice Directions will be updated on the date the addition or amendment takes effect.
(6) The complete and updated Practice Directions can be downloaded from the Family Justice Courts’ website at http://www.familyjusticecourts.gov.sg.
(7) The Forms in Appendix A to these Practice Directions shall be used, where applicable, with such variations as the circumstances of the particular case require.
(8) Registrar’s Circulars can be found at the Family Justice Courts website at http://www.familyjusticecourts.gov.sg.
2. Calculation of time
The provisions in the Family Justice Rules shall apply to the calculation of time in these Practice Directions. In particular:
(a) The following definition of “working day” in rule 3 of the Family Justice Rules is applicable in these Practice Directions. “Working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday.
(b) The provisions of Part 1 Division 3 of the Family Justice Rules shall also apply to the calculation of time.